ST Scholarship 2017-18
Ministry of Tribal Affairs is going to award a central scholarship scheme for Scheduled Tribes category students. Desired and eligible candidates are requested to fill Online Application Form for ST Scholarship 2017-18 as soon as possible. tribal.nic.in is the official site for online registration.
All India Scholarship Scheme
Features of this Scheme:
- It supports meritorious ST students who got admission in 213 identified quality educational institutions.
- Scholarship once awarded will continue until completion of the course subject to satisfactory performance.
- The amount of Scholarship covers tuition fees, boarding and lodging expenses, book grant and a one-time grant for the purchase of a Computer along with its accessories.
- 100% funding is provided by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs according to the norms.
- Each identified Institute has been allocated 5 awards, however, it can be increased subject to an overall cap of 625 scholarships per year. The fund is released by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs to the concerned Institution directly.
Eligibility Criteria for ST Scholarship 2017-18
- The total family income of the student from all sources should not exceed Rs. 4.50 lakh per annum.
- Only those Scheduled Tribe students who have secured admission in notified Institutions will be eligible for the scholarship.
- If the number of the ST students admitted in a particular Institution exceeds the number of awards allocated to that Institutions than the scholarship will be restricted to that number of students who occupied top slots in the inter-see merit list.
Benefits of ST Scholarship 2017-18
- The full amount of tuition fee and other non-refundable dues in respect of Government/Government-funded institutions are paid.
- In the case of students studying in private sector institutions a ceiling of Rs. 2.00 lakh per annum per student will apply normally.
- In the case of students in private sector flying clubs for Commercial Pilot Training, the ceiling is Rs. 3.72 lakh per annum per student.
- Living expenses are paid as per actual, subject to the maximum ceiling of Rs. 2200/- per month per student.
- Expenditure on Books and stationery is paid @ Rs. 3000/- per annum per student. The cost of the latest computer along with accessories limited to Rs. 45,000/- as one-time assistance during the entire course is paid to the student.
Required Documents List for ST Scholarship 2017-18
- Aadhar Card
- Income Certificate
- Caste Certificate
- College Verification Letter
- Last Year Mark Sheet
How to apply online for ST Scholarship 2017-18
Go to the official site and open the scholarship link. Then choose the suitable section and read the rules and regulations carefully. Just fill the application form with all necessary information. Just uploaded all scanned documents with photograph and signature. Proceed the data for the further process. At last take print out of it and keep it safe for upcoming use.
Apply Online for ST Scholarship Application Form